Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
Our aim is to help our parish children develop a deep sense of the Gospel values that would lead them to a love of a real, personal, and caring God.
- Help our children and youth understand and share the Gospel message of Jesus.
- Teach to pray and strengthen their relationship with God.
- Encourage and help them participate in the life of our parish community, learn to serve others, and particularly those not as fortunate as themselves.
Role of a Catechist
- Be able to adapt the method of catechesis to the needs of the specific group they serve.
- Create an environment in which the message of our faith is sought, understood, and accepted by the group they serve.
- Prepare lessons and maintain discipline in the classroom.
Term of Position
The term of position of each Catechist is September through May for each year of commitment.
The Catechist is directly accountable to the Director Of Religious Education who is accountable to the Pastor.
Do you have:
A love of God, the Church, and God’s people?
A life characterized by faith, love, hope, courage, and joy?
Personal prayer and dedicated to the evangelizing mission of the church?
Active participation in our local church community, especially by weekly attendance at Sunday Eucharist?
A devotion to the Most Holy Eucharist and Mary, the model for all catechists?
Then you qualify as a catechist, Download the catechist application at www.//smgchurch.org and call the Faith Formation Office to make an appointment.